Kate Owen Gallery: bringing Aboriginal art and culture to the world for 12 years
We are a multiple award winning gallery in Sydney’s Inner West that specialises in contemporary Indigenous art for modern interiors.
With artworks ranging from small affordable works to large investment pieces, our three light-filled floors showcase major exhibitions of indigenous masters, established artists and exciting new talent.
Our Third Level Gallery for our major exhibition
Tommy Watson | Desert Legend
Now everyone can afford a beautiful piece of beautiful Aboriginal art! Many are works by well-known and collectible Indigenous artists – others are simply great artworks at a great price.
Visit us at the gallery to explore your options, or stay at home and view all items on sale on our sales specials page
Gloria Petyarre 'Bush Medicine' GPEG0461 91x152cm was $6,500 NOW $3,995
How to find your perfect artwork online:
It has never been so easy: If you don't know much about Aboriginal art but you want to look at styles and the range available, use our Find Aboriginal Artworks tool where you can select price, colours, sizes, shapes, styles, regions and a whole lot of other criteria to find an artwork that's exactly right for you.
While you're scrolling through, you can save your favourite pieces as a 'wish list' to return to later, email to a friend, or send through to the gallery and one of our friendly art consultants can happily assist you.
As well as our digital hang, art consultation and home trial services, we now have a feature on our website where you can see how an artwork will look in a lounge, dining, hallway or home office setting! Find Out More
At Kate Owen Gallery we offer a wide range of services to our clients - it's all about going that extra mile to achieve customer satisfaction, but also designing our services to suit the specific needs of our busy clients. Gallery services include free art consultancy, home trials, digital hanging and gift & wedding registry. Learn More
Helen McCarthy Tyalmuty - Multiple Award Winning Artist
Already winner of the Peoples Choice Award at the 2007 Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award, in 2017 Helen was honoured to receive the Inaugural Margaret Olly Award at the Mosman Art Prize. Later in the year Helen was also a finalist at the Paddington Art Prize and the George's River Art Prize, winning the The Highly Commended Award at the former.
Click here to view our extraordinary collection of works from Helen McCarthy Tyalmuty including brand new artworks.
Helen McCarthy Tyalmuty 'Marrawuk (Start of the Wet)' - HMCG0112A 119 x 200cm
- Defining Tradition | the first wave & its disciples
- Tommy Watson | Desert Legend
- The Three Brothers - Warlimpirrnga, Walala and Thomas Tjapaltjarri
- Earth's Creation - Emily Kame Kngwarreye & Family
- Jilja-Marra-Marra - Gwenda Turner
- Intricate Expressions - Anna Price Petyarre & Dulcie Long Pula
- Gems of the Stockroom - favourites handpicked by our art consultants
- Atnwengerrp Revisited - Sacred, traditional, historical and ceremonial elements are interwoven in a dynamic family show featuring Barbara Weir, Charmaine Pwerle, Teresa Pula and Lizzie Pwerle
- Journey Tracks - Tony Sorby
- Lockhart River Mob - 5 Superstars from the east coast of Far North Queensland
- A window to hidden past - Jack Dale
- From the Sand to the sails - A Possum family show
Let's get Social!
Kate Owen Gallery acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work and live, and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.