'Lightning' by Sarrita King (61x119cm) $1,995
About the Painting
This painting is inspired by the great storms found in the top end of Australia. One of Sarrita’s first memories is of the lightning found during these storms around Darwin. Sarrita remembers the movement through the rain and wind and also the energy present.
She has always been inspired by the world around her. Much of her interpretation of the natural world and its elements has come from her father, the late William King. William was an amazing artist who had a gift in connecting people with the world through his art.
Sarrita explains,’ My art connects me with my father, my culture and the world around me. Painting connects with me past , helps me focus in the moment and takes me forward with the continuous connection with others.’
View more artworks by Sarrita King here.
About the Artist
Sarrita King is a successful and well-known artist. She has been included in numerous exhibitions, is represented in galleries in every Australian state, included in many high profile Australian and international art collections and been auctioned many times successfully through Paris's Art Curial Auction house. She has also recently collaborated with Samsung to have her artwork featured on Samsung's The Frame TV.
Sarrita has been featured in Vogue Magazine and has been a gallery favourite as part of our Artist in Residence program at Kate Owen Gallery. During this time she set up studio in our gallery for visitors to enjoy and interact with her and her artwork.
Her sister is Tarisse King, another successful Indigenous artist and the two often collaborate.
Terms and Conditions
International Entries Welcome.
1. This competition is open to people from the following geographical areas: Australia, United States, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Belgium & Germany.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Kate Owen Gallery and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting you about this competition and occasionally other promotional offers. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further correspondence if you wish to do so.
3. The Winner of the Sarrita King Artwork competition will be the first entry randomly generated by the contest software.
4. The Winner of the $500 gift voucher to spend at Kate Owen Gallery will be selected by the Director of Kate Owen Gallery based on creativeness.
5. The final decision on the winners will be at the sole discretion of the director of Kate Owen Gallery. All decisions made in relation to the draw and winners are final. Winners will be notified via our Facebook page.
6. Kate Owen Gallery will deliver the artwork framed within the Sydney Metro area at our own expense. In the event that a winner requires delivery outside of this deemed area, including internationally, Kate Owen Gallery will bare the costs to deliver the prize unframed and rolled.
If artwork is delivered un-stretched it will be the responsibility of the winner to have the artwork stretched or framed.
Details of start and end time for the contest are:
Started: December 1, 2017 @ 1:00 pm AEDT
Ends: December 19, 2011 @ 5:00 pm AEDT